external monitor....

Nicole kludgrrl at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 30 08:41:15 PDT 2003

Dear all and sundry,

this is a question that risks being off-topic, but since I'm trying
to hook it to my 2400 I'm hoping that it's ok.

I found an Apple 18" studio monitor (the older kind, not the flat
screen one).  Since it was being chucked I knew that there was
something probably wrong with it but as there was nothing visibly
broken...  So I've tried it out, and yes it is broken.

BUT it isn't completely kaput.  The monitor does not light up at all
(and yes I've fiddled with brightness and contrast on the monitor),
but it does turn on, and makes slight clicking noises inside.
Moreover it is clearly aware of the connection to the PB since the on
button glows green when the PB is turned on, and orange when it is
not.

Any thoughts about the salvagability of this baby?  I am not at all
knowledgeable about electronics, but I am happy to crack her open and
poke around (I've got nothing to lose -- so long as I don't
electrocute myself).  It strikes me that the problem *might* be a
relatively simple one of a loose power connection.

Any advice?

thanks,

Nicole