[Duo2400] 280c upgrade path?

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 18:54:45 PST 2004

In a message dated 4/2/04 4:04:32 PM, nathan at incirlik.net writes:

> Now that I'm the proud owner of 2 280c's I would like to bring them into
>the realm of 2300/2400.. How would I go about that?

You can only upgrade them to the "realm" of a 2300c. The 2400c is a different
computer.

>I understand a mobo
>swap
>would be first..

Correct.
The 2300c Mobo was designed to upgrade every Duo from the 210 to the 280c.
The 2300c mobo is even designed to accept an IDE or SCSI HD.

>But can I take the screen casing and all and throw it onto
>the bottom half of my 280c's?

No, you can take the screen casing and all from your 280c's and throw them on
the bottom of a 2300c, in other words, the mobo.

The 2300c screen can only work with a 2300c mobo. Only the mobo is
interchangeable... any maybe the trackpad ... with the other Duos.

>Are the hd's still compatiable... The ram?

The 2300c can take your 280's SCSI Hds. And most likely the RAM too. I think
some of the early Duos cannot use the 280s and the 2300s RAM...

Craig W.