280c upgrade path?

Bill Judson jutso at ripco.com
Sat Apr 3 06:41:35 PST 2004

With regard to the RAM cards, it is my understand that all that are for
the Duos will work in any Duo, but that some of the earlier Duo will not
"see" all the memory on the larger cards.

For example, I have a 20 MB card advertised on eBay as having been pulled
from a 2300 in my 270c, & it works fine, for a total of 24. However, I am
told by reputable authorities, including Apple, that if I put a 32 MB card
I will only get 32 MB total, as the RAM controller will then fail to "see"
the 4 MB on the motherboard. Apparently the controller (or maybe it's a
ROM issue) was not programmed to see a total of 36 MB. But the 2300 mobo
can see up to 40 MB.  So you have nothing to fear if you upgrade to a
2300.

--
Over,

        Jutso

	http://pages.ripco.net/~jutso/

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Duo/2400 List wrote:

> From: COCCORP at aol.com
> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 21:54:45 EST
> Subject: [Duo2400] Re: 280c upgrade path?

[...]