[Duo2400] Re: OS X on 2400c - success!!!

Clemens P.B. Hladek Clemenseken at t-online.de
Fri Apr 9 12:24:55 PDT 2004

Hi all.
It has finally worked:

I INSTALLED MAC OS X 10.1 ON MY PB 2400C TODAY - WITHOUT TAKING ANY HDD
OUT ...

(I´m just about to install a necessary sec. update and the 10.1.5 combo
update while I write this email.)

I have tried for the last 1-2 months to do it. I tried to copy an
installation from my ibook; tried to install from an external harddrive;
tried anything i could think of or have read about.

At last it was VERY simple. I took an ancient cd-rom-drive from an
almost forgotten PPC 6100/66 and put it into my external cd-rom-drive. I
had installed Ryan Rempels XPostFacto 2.2.5 previously on the target
drive (http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto). And I had the
hdd formatted into 3 partitions (4,3,3 MB) and installed MacOs X 10.1
onto the first one.

I can hardly believe it myself. It was so  S I M P L E ... Just did what
Ryan wrote in his instructions.

Good luck to anyone who wants to try it, too !!!
It was not difficult at all, it just took about an hour with this 2x or
3x cd-rom-drive ...

Best regards to everybody,     Clemens Hladek (Frankfurt, Germany)