Backside L2 Cache

Ernesto Forcadilla forca at look.ca
Sun Apr 11 06:11:00 PDT 2004

fellow listers,

I have upgraded my PB2400c to NUpowr G3/240 and enabled the card bus
by cutting the two yellow colored wires. Installed the NUpower G3
driver for OS 9.1. The first error message upon start is that the
backside cache is not enabled. The computer works OK and in the ASP,
Backside L2 cache is 1 MB and I can use the two cards (used the same
cards even before the processor upgrades) Viking 56K modem and
Farallon Ethermac PC Card.

Last night, both cards cannot be used and was rejected by the
computer. I run the ASP and there is no more memory (0 bytes) in the
Backside L2 cache, the External L2 cache is 256k. Is the disabling of
the card bus has anything to do with this loss of Backside L2 cache?
How can I restore the 1 MB L2 cache?

PB2400c
NUpowr G3/240 Mhz
HD: 10 Gig (Toshiba)
112 mb internal memory
MacOS 9.1

Memory Overview
Disk cache: 358k
Virtual memory: 113 MB
Built-in memory:112 MB

Thanks,
Ernie
To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Need help from a real person? Try.  <DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>

   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>
After-market parts  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][