Backside L2 Cache

Ernesto Forcadilla forca at look.ca
Sun Apr 11 16:23:56 PDT 2004

At 3:59 PM -0400 4/11/04, Willie Roth wrote:
>    I have another 2400 with the newer 240mhz and I used to get that
>message. I don't think that it has anything to do with enabling the
>card bus as I got the message and the card bus was not enabled on
>that unit. (it did not have the yellow trace wires)

After the upgrade to newer G3/240mhz and the enabling of card bus,
the ASP lists the Backside L2 cache as 1 MB and I was able to use the
modem and ethermac card, though these cards can be used even without
enabling the 2400 card bus. I could use these cards in previous
603e/180mhz processor with the 2 yellow wires (1 wire is yellow and
the other is yellow ochre) still intact. The card icon is displayed
on the desktop.

Suddenly the 2400 refused to accept and eject any of the cards and
the ASP lists the Backside L2 cache as 0 bytes. I have really no idea
wether the Backside L2 cache has anything to do with the functioning
of the card bus in 2400. I have downloaded a Newer Backside L2 cache
enabler 1.2 and an error message says it does not work on PB2400c.
There is a gauge, Cache-22 that comes with the NUpowr G3 driver and
it lists the Backside L2 cache as 1024K while in the ASP is 0 bytes.

Thanks,
Ernie
To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Need help from a real person? Try.  <DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>

   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>
After-market parts  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][