[Duo2400] Re: Dynamic Memory App For OS 8

dylan dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Mon Apr 19 22:17:29 PDT 2004

> I have tossed around (in my head) the idea of running Linux on my
> PB's but I don't think MKLinux will cut it for me. I plan on upgrading to a
> 3400c and I might first start with a 2400c (given all the cool add-ons that
> can be found although rarely these days). Which ever it is, I plan on

....say no more!

it is possible to run a MODERN linux on these machines!! MkLinux is
extremely outdated and slow.

Debian Woody (stable) runs very nicely on my PB1400- it even runs x-windows!

it use it as a mobile MySQL development machine.. i only have 56mb ram, but
it seems to work pretty well.

here is a screen shot of X:
http://fungus.ucdavis.edu/~dylan/pb1400.png

and here is a page that i have put together on running Debian Linux on older
PPC hardware (7100, 8100, 8500, PB1400, PBG3):
http://fungus.ucdavis.edu/~dylan/

i would certainly give it a try if you have a partition to spare! (only need
about 500mb)

cheers!

dylan