Claris Emailer & SMTP Authentication

Jack Corcoran jkcorcor at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 18:55:34 PDT 2004

Hi Gang!

I have recently upgraded to Verizon DSL and can now
only send e-mail by authenticating SMTP to the
outgoing mail server.  Alas, my favorite mail program,
Claris EMailer 2.0 doesn't support SMTP
authentication.

I downloaded Baton Mail, which acts as a relay from
EMailer to the SMTP server and provides the
authentication, but now my system hangs every time I
try to send an email with attachments of more than a
few hundred KB.

I've tried updating Baton Mail and finding an update
for Claris from 2.0 to 2.0v3 (which I am not sure will
help, but why not try), but it seems you can only go
from Claris 2.0v1 to 2.0v3 . . . and I can't find
2.0v1 anywhere.

Help!

JKC