[Duo2400] Re: Claris Emailer & SMTP Authentication

Jack Corcoran jkcorcor at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 21:08:10 PDT 2004

--- Art Rice <artrice66 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Jack Corcoran <jkcorcor at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Hi Gang!
> >
> > I have recently upgraded to Verizon DSL and can
> >now  only send e-mail by authenticating SMTP to the
> > outgoing mail server.
> -----------
> When you signed up for Verizon DSL did it include
> MSN
> (which they say does NOT support MACs)? My phone
> company is Verizon and they have DSL for $29.95 a
> month but I'm afraid I'll lose my ability to dial up
> at 56k with my Duo 2300c. My desktop computer is an
> Athlon 1900+ PC which I guess I would have to put a
> network card in it to talk to the DSL modem.
-----------
I'm using a G3 with Verizon DSL. However, my 2300,
with internal modem, operates okay in the dial-up mode
providing I first disconnect the Verizon DSL modem
from the phone line.  To facilitate this, I've
installed a Radio Shack line selector switch (RG-11
ports) in the phone line which allows me to switch the
line between the DSL modem and the 2300. One thing: To
make the 2300 dial-up work, I had to install a DSL
line filter (the type used on phones) in the 2300
branch.

Fun and games!

jkc