Duo 270c: 8 chime grief

chris matzen cmatzen at comcast.net
Wed Aug 4 04:17:46 PDT 2004

I tried resetting the Power Manager to boot with  keyboard removed
and , of course, the keyboard installed. The Power On switch on the
case would not cause a boot.

I also removed the backup battery and tried booting with reset of
Power Manager. Also tried resetting the Power Manager with Main
battery installed and not installed while keyboard and backup battery
were out.  Same  8-note sour chimes every time.

The screen on this machine was perfect  and the trackball worked fine
the lasat time it ran.

  It has a 24 Meg RAM chip added and would run AutoCAD R12 renderings
and redraws at a workable speed. I hate to just throw it away but
facing up to the truth, the truth is that I just about never run it,
except to admire what a neat toy it is.

I guess all  things come to an end someday and maybe today is the Day
of the Duo.

I wonder if it's worth it to try selling it for parts on eBay? I
certainly have enough accessories to go with it.
  But maybe I would run across an old 270c and be able to make one
good machine out of two bad ones.

chris