Duo Dock and LCD display

Nick Lowe n.lowe at rhul.ac.uk
Mon Aug 9 05:21:06 PDT 2004

>But are some displays running at 72ppi? Or is 96ppi the standard on
>LCD

I think 96 is the standard for anything that expects to be used with
a Windows system, which in practice means all third-party models.
72ppi is presumably still used on Apple-branded LCDs, but I've never
owned one so am guessing wildly; Joseph's information is much better
than mine on all this, so I'm hoping this posting will cross with one
of his again... (I didn't know the original dock had less VRAM, or
that the later ones go to 1152 x 870 - I'll look for one at that
resolution for myself now...)

Nick.