[DuoList] Who Made the Apple Printers

JosephC22 at aol.com JosephC22 at aol.com
Sun Dec 5 13:00:26 PST 2004

The manufacturer of all of the key mechanical parts on the LW 4/600,
including the print engine, was Canon.

Canon's "PX Engine" was also the basis of the HP LaserJet 4L, 4P, 4ML,
and 4MP models, as well as Apple's Personal LaserWriter 320. As a result,
toner cartridges, paper trays, etc. which will work in one of these
printers will generally work in all of them. Canon also sold some
PX-based printers under its own brand name.

Canon still makes engines for HP. Googling will give a bunch of examples.

-j