[DuoList] clicker on pb 2400 fixable?

Sid Barras sbarris at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 6 13:48:50 PST 2004

Hi all,
I've had nothing but trouble with most of the pb 2400s I"ve ever owned,
and my current one is no different; I use the option that allows the
trackpad to serve as the clicker too, but my other thumb gets in their
and changes my cursor position all the time, causing me lots of angry
moments. Is there a "repair" or "rigging" that works to fix this
problem? I think I remember someone saying somewhere that they put a
bit of paper underneath the clicker switch to make it work again; that
"switch" sits on an IC board and is mighty, mighty small-- and
replacing the board is usually not an option coz of availability.
I've got three working pb 2400s right now, all with G3 CPUs, all
outstanding machines for their age, but all needing a new clicker. Does
anyone out there have repair or parts availability info they can help
me with?

thanks!

Greetings from CajunLand USA South Louisiana
Sid Barras