Seeking lineage of my pb2400: odd serial number

Sid Barras sbarris at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 20 18:33:13 PST 2004

Hi gang,

My pb 2400 now has two siblings, courtesy of the stork via ebay.

One of the pb2400s has a curious serial number, which I had hoped to use to
tell its month and year of manufacture (the Mac 2400 site lists how to use
the serial number to tell the date of its birth)

However, this pb2400 has no typical serial number in that inlaid slot where
the serial number goes. The slot is there, but it is empty. Instead, there
is another "tag" with a barcode that reads "powerbook development team" and
a number "pb 042093"   curious.

A pre-production model?

Another interesting aspect was the AC power adapter. It calls itself a
"Hollystreet pre-release 45w AC adapter" It is quite small compared to the
typical "brick" style AC adapter...

Any clues from the more experienced journeyman/ women round here?

Sid in South Louisiana

Mardi Gras/ Carnival starts tonight!