[Duo2400] Seeking lineage of my pb2400: odd serial number

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Fri Feb 20 19:03:18 PST 2004

Sid, it sounds intriguing.

Sandy Green was the PowerBook Product Manager back in 1997. If you can
track him down on the net, he might be able to shed some light on it.

I didn't find much on Google, but it might be worth a bit of effort.

On Feb 20, 2004, at 8:33 PM, Sid Barras wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> My pb 2400 now has two siblings, courtesy of the stork via ebay.
>
> One of the pb2400s has a curious serial number, which I had hoped to
> use to
> tell its month and year of manufacture (the Mac 2400 site lists how to
> use
> the serial number to tell the date of its birth)
>
> However, this pb2400 has no typical serial number in that inlaid slot
> where
> the serial number goes. The slot is there, but it is empty. Instead,
> there
> is another "tag" with a barcode that reads "powerbook development
> team" and
> a number "pb 042093"   curious.
>
> A pre-production model?
>
> Another interesting aspect was the AC power adapter. It calls itself a
> "Hollystreet pre-release 45w AC adapter" It is quite small compared to
> the
> typical "brick" style AC adapter...
>
> Any clues from the more experienced journeyman/ women round here?
>
> Sid in South Louisiana
>
> Mardi Gras/ Carnival starts tonight!

> <DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
> MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20
> Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>
>
> Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>
> After-market parts  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][

> $879!

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.