Problem with Asante Mini EN/SC

Sugar_Magnolia at stormweb.org Sugar_Magnolia at stormweb.org
Thu Feb 26 14:12:41 PST 2004

I'm having a problem using an Asante Mini EN/SC SCSI-to-ethernet bridge on a Docked Duo 230. It seems to work fine when the TCP request originates from the machine, i.e. when I use a browser to look at a web page, or similarly when I use the Chooser to see other machines on the network. But when the network traffic originates from outside, such as when the Duo is running a webserver, it seems to be blocked and connections are refused.

I have to have the "Link Integrity" dipswitch set to ON because when it's OFF the machine stalls at startup during Finder launch.

An identical setup with an Asante Micro EN/SC does not exhibit this problem.

Does anyone have any experience with these thingys?
--
StormWeb http://www.stormweb.org/ is a service of Sinister Software
Customized virtual communities, bloggers, realtime chat