Panasonic KXL-D742

R.Friede rlf9 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 29 07:14:22 PST 2004

On Feb 29, 2004, at 8:08 AM, Duo/2400 List wrote:

> Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:01:15 -0800 (PST)
> From: CJPV <c_j_p_v at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Duo2400] Panasonic KXL-D742( was external Panasonic SCSI
>  CDROM)
>
> Well, although I received a heaping helping of help from Listmembers,
> nothing has really worked
> out for this drive as far as getting it to work.
>
> Tried the old Apple "universal" driver.
> Tried Toast driver.
> Tried the hacked Apple driver.
> Tried CD Sunshine.
>
> CD Sunshine seemed to get the farthest with this unit, but I had
> unpredictable results with it.
>
> Will have to play around with the drivers more when I get back to the
> U.S.
>
> Thanks to all who sent me either links or software!!
>
> John

I've got a 783A which I bought refurbed years ago. Probably a later
model of yours. Remembering from my research then, it seemed that
Panasonic made separate versions for Macs, and their model numbers end
in "A." Thus, a 783 wouldn't work with my macs no matter what. Perhaps
you should look for a 742A when you get back.

Bob F