[Duo2400] 2400 fuse

Andy andynic at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 7 01:04:34 PST 2004

Hi!

There would not normally be a voltage rating for a fuse, because they
work on the amount of current passed, not the voltage.  5 amps at 1 volt
is the same as 5 amps at 110 volts as far as a fuse is concerned.  A
fuse has a very low resistance, and works (blows) only on the basis of
the differential voltage between the two ends, not the absolute voltage.
I=V/R if I remember correctly.

There may of course be other considerations, such as size or rate of
blow, but a voltage rating will normally only refer to the amount of
insulation in the construction of the fuse, etc., which prevents arcing
over to other nearby components.

Have a great New Year,

Andy

Andy Nicholl