connection speed problem

Parkblue at gmx.net Parkblue at gmx.net
Sun Jan 11 09:52:51 PST 2004

I'm currently in Germany, spending the holidays with my family, and
experience a slow connection when going online (dial-up) with my 2400.

When I use my 2400, now stationed at my mom's house in Munich, I can't
connect any faster than 31k. Weird because when I use my iBook here I
connect with 41k-46k (for those of you located in Germany: Easysurf 019161).
In summer, last time used my 2400 in Germany, I regularly got 41+k with this
machine from this very location too.

I checked every cdev and setting, but can't find what I'm doing wrong.
Setup: OS 8.6, 80mb + RamDoubler, Global Village 56k Modem PC card in lower
slot, GV PC card update 3.0.6 installed, Modem settings seem ok (tried all
three for GV incl. ARAs).

Any idea or hints where I could start looking?

Many thanks,
-tobias.