Duo 270c startup issue

Chad Pastotnik deepwoodpress at core.com
Sun Jan 25 12:11:19 PST 2004

I'm new to this list but have been plinking away at macs now for 10
years and I'm really glad to have found a resource such as this list.

I've got a Powerbook Duo 270c on which the previous owner tried to
install system 8 on so now upon start up I get the message "The start up
disk will not work on this Macintosh model.  Use the latest installer to
update this disk for this model."

Now I can easily enough download system 7.x for it but how can I install
it on the Powerbook?  I can link it via appletalk to my desktop but then
is there a way to get the Powerbook to start up and recognize it?  Do I
have to by a dock or something similar to give it access to a floppy
drive to boot from disk?

Thanks, I really appreciate any thoughts you might have on this.  The
machine will still make a good portable word processor if I can get it
going.

Chad

--
Chad Pastotnik         231-587-0506