2300c and DuoDock II Parts

John Iwanicki johniwan at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 26 09:01:18 PST 2004

Hi everyone, I'm new to the list and just got my first 2300c along with
a DuoDock II.

I was at a yardsale when I saw the PB, DockII, CD, laser printer and a
bunch of other *valuable* Mac stuff for sale. At first I told them I
wasn't interested (Lie!) because the wife would skin me if I came home
with any more computer stuff. So, based on my response I guess he
figured I would give it all a good home and said to just take
everything! How could I say no.....

The 2300 works great except for sticky keys (any easy fix?). Are there
any third party processor upgrades for this machine?

The dock has a few problems. I've taken the unit apart because the PB
will not power engage/disengage with the Dock. The PB will engage and
lock if I push it in but then I have to disassemble the dock to get it
out. After poking around inside, it seems the motor is turning the gear
but spinning **very** slow and has no pulling power (I can hear a
clicking noise too). Can I get a replacement for the motor? Does anyone
have one to sell/free?

It also seems there is a loose (disconnected) spring that attaches to
the moving "guides" on the floor of the docking bay. Seems one of the
molded plastic tabs that secure the spring has broken off, don't know if
this can be fixed or if I need to replace the whole part.

Thanks for any help/info. I'm looking forward to getting everything
working again.

- John