[Duo2400] Re: Help with Farallon Ethermac on 2400c

Greg 2400C at retrotechpost.com
Fri Jul 9 13:32:31 PDT 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 10:25 AM, COCCORP at aol.com wrote:

> Unlike the previous responder, I will just "assume" that you're tying
> to use
> a Farallon Ethermac PC card with your 2400c, since your message was
> titled as
> such, and that you already have found the TCP/IP control panel, since
> you said
> you could not find an option to choose...
>
> I had this same problem awhile ago; I came to the conclusion that the
> Farallon Ethernet cards were bast suited for Nubus Powerbooks
> (540/190/5300/1400) and
> not the 2400/3400 PCI Powerbooks.
>
> I think the software itself is for Nubus powerbooks anyway. Check the
> web for
> versions and info and such..
>
> I went and bought a Dayna Ethernet card off EPay, and it works fine
> with my
> 2400c. It gave me a new choice in TCP/IP and everything...
>
> If you have difficulty, I *MAY* have another lying around, as soon
> after I
> bought one off Ebay, I was given another in a package of 2400c I items
> I bought
> from another lister...

Craig:

That's just silly; I've had at least 3 2400C's and all of them used
Farallon PCMCIA cards for ethernet. I never had a problem with any of
them, ever.

Also, I asked what card he was using because there are many different
Farallon cards, not just one. Yes, I **did** read the subject line. It
did not specify *which* Farallon card.

--
Greg G
2400C at retrotechpost.com