Dropped, Now Dark cont.

Azamat Farrakhov adin at bashnet.ru
Fri Jun 11 12:12:52 PDT 2004

> Has anyone dropped a 2400 and had it survive?
> Has anyone dropped a 2400 and found out that
> it could never be fixed?

I have PB2400c bought on eBay, where seller describe that
 can't run this machine, but  startup sound present. PB have no
 upgrades, except RAM (180 MHz, 1,2 Gb HDD, 16+64 MB
 added))

Then I found totaly broken ferrite/ceramic filter around trackpad
 train (where the train connected to the Logic Board) inside of
 laptop... probably this PB was dropped or somthing similar to.

Currently I can't recognise the problem, but sometime it may boot
 like fully workable PB, then, (after 2 hours or 2 minutes) it freeze
 and can't reboot again (in general). PRAM clearing procedures
 not work for my case.

Please contact if you need more details

Thanks for attention, Azamat

mailto:adin at bashnet.ru