[Duo2400] Re: 2400c battery not recognized

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 05:41:29 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/3/2004 11:47:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gionpeters at comcast.net writes:

>I imagine, that fuse F2 on the power board is blown.  I think that
>fuse controls whether or not the battery shows up.  The only way to
>test is to take the board out, and use a multimeter on it.

Tha who-sit to the what-sit?!?

:-D

MMMmmmmmmgh... ain't fit fer fancy 'puter fixing. Don't even reckon' I knows
whut a "Multi-Meter" is... mmmmmmmmmmmgh.  <--- "SwingBlade Talk'n"

But I am hoping it is not all of that; mostly because (1) the PRAM battery
seems to be functioning fine (I read online that a fuse - the one U mentioned? -
control the PRAM and main battery charging), and (2) the laptop seems to
"see" the battery for a second when it is inserted, but then it stops and gives me
a "no battery/bad battery" indicator....

One thing that would help my diagnosis is knowing whether the symptoms I
described above, and the fact that the Battery Recondition app tell me "there is
not a battery installed; try to reseat it" when I run it, are familiar to
anyone. Is the above indicitive of just a bad 2400c battery? Or more?

Thanks,

Craig W.
Atlanta GA