Web surfing in molasses

Paul Simons phsra at voicenet.com
Thu Mar 4 13:38:11 PST 2004

Hello 2300 list,
  I've been working with several models, 230, 504, 1400, and 2300. Trying OS
7.6, 8, 9.1 with both Internet Explorer and Netscape. Problem is extremely slow
web - even with 56k external modems, fast speed displayed when first
connecting, then when trying to load a page, a message like "13k received at
234 bps". I know things should be going at about 10 times that speed. A
PowerPC at 133 mhz should be faster than a 486 Windows machine at 66 mhz
but something's dragging it down. Any help appreciated.