WTB: Maybe you're considering an ibook?

Donald McCaig McCaig at va.tds.net
Fri Mar 5 16:44:16 PST 2004

Dear Gurus,
	I'm a professional writer. Most of my considerable computer time is
with WordPerfect 7.6. I use the Internet for research and email. I can't
get DSL.
	My 2400c/240 has accompanied me to Albania and Sonoma and crossed
the Rockies in my saddlebag. It has played MP3's through my car stereo on a
26 hour drive (stops for gas) Virginia/Sturgis SD. Alas, it has visited
DT&T three times in as many years: power board, processor, mother board.
	While my 40 g hard drive is partitioned into 7.6.1, 8.6 and 9.1 - I
like 7.6. I am not particularly interested in mastering new software and am
indifferent to the pleasures of OSX.
	But I would like to run cooler and faster.
	So I want to buy a 320 or  400 Vimage copper processor. If that
processor is in a machine that's fine - but it's the processor I want.
	I've not seen a processor for sale on EBay in two years. There've
been no more than a half dozen 320/400 machines in that time.
	So here's my offer.
	Some on the list who own 320's and 400's are considering a G3/12.1
ibook. On Ebay, they're going for 700-1100$. Others might have already
bought the ibook and have their 320/400 2400 on a shelf because they love
it and can't let it go.
	Let it go to me.
	I'll pay $350 for a working 320 processor. $450 for a 400.
	If you don't want to extract the processor, I'll take your machine,
swap processors and sell it on ebay. For a 320/400 machine, in good shape
I'll pay $180 more:$530/630.
	You can come close to swapping your 320/400 for a G3 ibook and I'll
have the fastest 7.6 in the universe - seems like a deal to me.
	Please post me privately.
					Donald McCaig

Yucatec Farm
Williamsville, Virginia 24487