[Duo2400] WTB: Maybe you're considering an ibook?

Jose A. Alvarez Dios jaaldios at mac.com
Sat Mar 6 14:46:15 PST 2004

>Dear Gurus,
>	I'm a professional writer. Most of my considerable computer time is
>with WordPerfect 7.6. I use the Internet for research and email. I can't
>get DSL....

Well, I admit to being one big 2400c fan, but I'd say go fo the iBook
just the same. On a personal basis, I use a 17" PowerBook as my main
machine now, and having a monster-sized screen for once feels
wonderful.

Don't get me wrong, I am not retiring my 2400c anytime soon: I still
use it on the road but it sits most of the time connected to my
Creature speakers as an MP3 player (and right now it's my email
machine connected to my AirPort network). It will still be a useful
machine for years, but as a main computer it's really time to move on
to something else. Keep using MacOS 7.6 if you like (sometimes I
still use 7.5.5 on my SE/30!!!) but give Panther a try. A
crash-proof, beautifully crafted system if there is one.
--

Jose Antonio Alvarez Dios

e-mail addresses: jaaldios at usc.es, jaaldios at mac.com
e-fax number (in the USA, handles voicemail too) 1(928)395-7565
fax number (in Spain) 34981597054