Ethernet w/ OS 9.1?

JosephC22 at aol.com JosephC22 at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 07:08:32 PST 2004

DuoList at lists.themacintoshguy.com on 3/7/04 8:07 AM wrote:

>From: COCCORP at aol.com
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 07:52:49 EST
>Subject: [Duo2400] Re: Ethernet w/ OS 9.1?
>
>In a message dated 3/7/04 12:36:11 AM, cmmac at sonic.net writes:
>
>>For starters do you have an Ethernet Interface,  IIRC the 2400c has
>>no built-in Ethernet.
>
>Yes, I have ethernet via a GV PCMCIA card; 10baseT.

Have you checked the Global Village website for the latest drivers? Many
of the update files are actually the full installers.
http://www.globalvillage.com/support/softwarelocator.html

>Incidently, I *thought* I discovered the problem earlier, when I discovered
>some deactivated extensions.. but no, now ALL of the extensions are
>present &
>activated, but I still have no Ethernet option on Appletalk OR TCP/IP!

Double check that there aren't any other third party ethernet drivers.
For example, the GV driver has the same name as the Dayna ethernet
driver, and they can conflict with each other. For more info, see
http://www.mug.jhmi.edu/mirrors/infoalley/1195/14/trouble.html