[Duo2400] Re: unsubscribe

John Tree John at treemail.org
Sun Mar 7 14:17:27 PST 2004

>> Bye, John! ;-)

Ha you caught me trying to slip out of the door!

I am not one for long good buys but now I have been caught clumsily
leaving the list I feel I should just say a proper goodbye.

I have been on this list for 4 or so years now, since getting a 2400 in
the states while I worked over there. That machine (note past tense)
was my sole machine for as many years really. I loved it to bits and
saw it through upgrades, ennoblement's, and GLODs, all with help from
this list along the way.

I think I may even have bought it from a listing on Ralph and Ashish's
excellent site http://webobjects.uwaterloo.ca/mac2400/

It was the perfect machine to transition from the old school of serial,
ADB, Scuzi (never could spell it) into the new world of USB and FW.

The first nail in its coffin was a problem with the screen cable, the
LCD started losing its colors. So I borrowed an 15Ti book and after
getting used to the size and not traveling as much I have a 15 Aluminum
Job.

I sold my 2400 to someone on the list, Hi Clemens :-) So look after him
and my 2400.

Oh, one last thing while I am here I have an old original apple
external CD drive (600e) It is a bit of a monster and is far from
portable... But it is the one drive that will start up any old apple
machine (it is scusi) it needs no drivers or anything, being Apple it
just works and always does. It saved my bacon many a time.

It is really slow, must be 1x if you are lucky.

I have a cable that goes from it straight to the back of a 2400 with no
dongles/adaptors needed.

Anyone want to give it a home? Contact me off list, When it is gone I
will unsubscribe properly!

John