Slow Internet question

Paul Simons phsra at voicenet.com
Mon Mar 8 11:05:11 PST 2004

 Hello 2400 list,
    I'm still trying to figure out extremely slow page loading. In the Remote
Access or Modem control panel, you have a list of about 100 modems. I know
that sometimes you can pick one that isn't exactly the one you've actually got
connected, and it will still work. Has anyone noticed any particular modem
selection that solves the problem of ultra-slow internet activity? I can't accept
that a 486 Wintel machine at 66 mhz is much faster than a 133 mhz
PowerBook, with or without images, using various different browsers, at
navigating the web. Paul Simons