Anyone interested-PB2400c and all the goodies?

Drew Johnson captain_drew at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 21 22:20:10 PST 2004

PowerBook 2400c + accessories-check out:
http://www.farm-boy-navy-pilot-airline-captain.com/pb2400c_access.jpg

The PowerBook has been babied and is in perfect cosmetic condition. It
was sequentially upgraded from the original RAM configuration to 80 MB
to the current 112 MB. I have the 64 MB card available. I have never had
the courage to open it up myself and all of the work I have ever had
done to it has been performed by Kevin Yuhas at MCE in Irvine, CA.

The original processor was upgraded to the NewerTech G3/240 about 3
years ago, at the same time the original 1.2 gig drive was replaced with
an IBM (Apple ROM) 10 gig about 18 months ago. The 10 gig did not last
very long, crashing last fall and I sent it back up to MCE for a drive
replacement.

Since having retired from my 30 year airline career and not needing a
Road Warrior any longer, I forgot about it for a while and It just came
back this week. Kevin put in a new IBM 3.4 drive because I had the
feeling that a 10 gig drive was too much for this platform. It starts
right up and runs just like new, but since I don't really need a Road
Warrior any longer, I contemplate letting someone else get some joy out
of it. But like old friends, I hate to part with it.

I am throwing this up against the List to see if anyone is interested in
making offers. E-mail me off List. Don't be insulted I if choose not to
acknowledge a low-ball offer, because I don't need -or want to sell my
little buddy that badly. I know what all the
parts
 are worth -and many
times folks don't want to pay for the sum of the parts. If I really
wanted to get rid of it, it would be up on eBay <g>

PowerBook 2400c:
112 MB RAM (96 MB module)
3.4 Gig hard drive
NewerTech G3/240 Processor
AC Power adapter
Battery (indeterminate condition-seems to hold a normal charge)
floppy disk drive

Extras:
64 MB RAM module
NewerTech Bookendz Docking station
ReNO AC/DC portable CD drive (plug in or batteries) + with carrying case
and assorted SCSI cables to connect the PB to external drives (50-pin)
and the ReNO CD-ROM
3 additional hard drives, of indeterminate use:
10 Gig
4.32 Gig
812 MB
spare battery (indeterminate condition)
SCSI Dock plug (use PB as external HD on DeskTop)
GV PCMCIA 56K Ethernet/modem
3COM US Robotics 56k modem PC card

--
In God We Trust