Did I just break 2 LCD screens??

CJPV c_j_p_v at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 19:35:37 PST 2004

The short story:  Took off front LCD faceplate from 2400c, painted it, put it back on.......the
backlight no longer works.  Any special trick to this?

The long story: Took apart my entire 2400c to paint it.....put it all back together and the LCD
backlight wont turn on. I can just barely seen the screen in sunlight. After resetting the PRAM,
rebooting several time, hitting the brightness control, trashing preferences........nothing.
Replaced unit with my unpainted spare. Works fine. Take off faceplate, being extremely careful to
pull it off......then move it over 2 feet and put on second 2400c.......now BOTH LCD panels are
the same- no backlight.

Was there something that I missed here? Checked all connections, re-installed LCD, rechecked
ribbons.......it obviously isnt software related, as I just swapped it out.

I am boggled.

Thanks in advance!!