[Duo2400] Re: 2400 SCSI problems...

Greg 2400C at retrotechpost.com
Thu Mar 25 15:17:58 PST 2004

On Mar 25, 2004, at 4:05 PM, Ernesto Forcadilla wrote:

> I have similar problem when I upgraded my 2400 to MacOS 9.1, the
> external CD ROM that used to work with the previous OS and a third
> party drive, FWB CD-ROM Toolkit is not mounted on the desktop.
>
> The problem was solved by installing the Silverlining Pro 6.4.5. This
> program can scan any hardware and mount it on the desktop. There is no
> eject button in the Silverlining control panel nor it is not possible
> to eject the CD by thrashing but to shut down the 2400 and manually
> eject the CD ROM to remove the disc.

If you are using a third-party CD extension and upgrade the OS, the OS
installer will seek and destroy the third party extension and replace
it with the Apple driver, unless you use Marc Moini's Clean-Install
Assistant. I've seen this happen all the time. "Hey, I upgraded my OS
and now my CD won't work." Moral: Use CIA, or save copies of all your
third-party stuff.

--
Greg
2400C at retrotechpost.com