[Duo2400] Re: No software at all!

Josh Keady joshkeady at msn.com
Sun May 9 16:56:13 PDT 2004

If you solve the gray-screen issue but have CD-ROM issues, here's what
I'd do:

Get a floppy with minimal 7.6 on it.  Copy that to the hard drive so
it'll boot from that.  Then copy the network/AppleTalk extensions to
the hard drive with floppies.  After you have the networking
established, just use a serial cable (printer cable) to copy between
your desktop Mac and the PowerBook.  It's very slow, but I've done it
before.  Mount the OS installer CD on your desktop Mac's desktop, then
run the installer over the "network" via the serial cable.  Like I
said, it'll take a while, but you can probably just let it go over
night.  Yes, I'm a cheapskate ;-)

Good luck!

Josh