Visioneer Strobe S-10 SCSI on a duo ?

shall shall at ccs.carleton.ca
Sun May 9 20:59:20 PDT 2004

I just purchased a Visioneer Strobe S-10 SCSI all cables but no software,
USED.
Now i have been using Visioneers Version of the HP ScanJet 4s on my duo's
from a few year's now and all has worked very well, but now i need small
+ colour for some work and have not been able to get my version 3.5 of
paperport to work with the Strobe.

I have the scsi paperport extension for the scanner and the scsi
paperport control panel,
the scanner scans in the document then does not load paperport. I did
find that the scanned image goes into the Visioneers Preferences folder
but i have yet to be able to open that scan image. gonna try Graphics
Converter next.

So the question is does any one know anything about what might be going
on here !
I have tried this on 2-2300's(7.6.1) and my 280 (8.1) under os 8.1 the
finder reboots after the scan and the scanner stops working until the
machine reboots.

I think i am missing some software that talk's to the finder from the
extension so it can pass the data thru to the paperport app. "Link
Manager"

regards

Jim