[Duo2400] Re: ...The Brother w/ Three GLODs (!)

Tom and Lisa P gionpeters at comcast.net
Wed May 12 18:38:46 PDT 2004

>In a message dated 5/12/2004 6:31:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>gionpeters at comcast.net writes:
>
>>Did you check the fuses on each unit ?
>
>Hi,
>
>Another lister turned me on to a webcite that explained how to replace the
>"F1" fuse, which might be the source of my problems with the "white screen"
>2400c I have:
>
>>>  http://home.socal.rr.com/midijab/
>
>NOW the only thing I need to do is undestand how one checks fuses! What is
>"Continuity Checking," and how is it done?
>
>Once I FIND what the problem is, an associate of mine (who does all of my
>solderin') can do what I ask him to do, and probably fix it.
>
>Thanks for the help, eveyone!

Check the fuse with a voltmeter set to resistance mode.  If the fuse
is blown, it wont pass any current, and the meter will read "1" (open
circuit). Otherwise, after a few seconds, it should drop to "0".

There are a number of fuses on the motherboards, I think 10 or so, IIRC.

If none of the fuses are blown, you need to swap more parts around.

Mad Dog