[Duo2400] PCMCIA cards for 2400C

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Mon May 17 10:14:29 PDT 2004

In a message dated 5/17/2004 1:03:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
2400C at retrotechpost.com writes:

>Can anyone recommend specific PCMCIA FireWire and/or USB cards that
>will work in a non-modified 2400C?

... just about none, I'm afraid...

A non-modified 2400c cannot use the 32-bit (or cardbus) PCMCIA firewire or
USB cards, whihc is just about EVERY fireware and/or USB card ever made...

And as far as 16-bit (non-cardbus) firewire or USB cards? I have heard that
there may be one maker who made some, but they are extermely rare AND I think I
heard that the maker did not make a Mac driver...

But, hey... try to find one! You never know what diligence will turn up; I
accidently came across an old touchpad Powerbook clone/rebody recently called
the Freestyle...

Craig W.
Atlanta GA