[DuoList] Re: Duodock internal scsi cable

Art Rice artrice66 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 08:55:10 PST 2004

Oddly enough, my wife recently criticized me for
referring to something as "Oriental" and said I should
say "Asian" !! Back in the 60's we used to say
"Oriental". Personally, I hope people are not too
offended by either word, as long as the person who
used the word was not aware of a specific nationality
or heritage, or was using the word to refer to a group
consisting of several heritage's(??). In Alex's case
he probably wasn't aware that it was Japanese.

Art in Silicon Valley

Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail
<izabella.misiewiczsantos at neostrada.pl> wrote:thanks
for the bablefish link. Gosh, what a confusing little
planet we
live on : )

Oh well, I didn't mean to offend anyone obviously,
funny, I forgot how
heated the debate of race is in what some consider the
freest part of
the world. An interesting Paradox.

Live and let live.

On Nov 2, 2004, at 8:45 PM, Brandy wrote:

> Alex
> Asian is a catch all phrase. And for some nations
rather insulting!
> Try not to take it wrong it's just life's little
details, such as
> someone hating the WEST, define west? West of? If
your in Iraq and
> hate the WEST that's everything west which is? And
if you go West all
> the way around the world your right back to your own
location.
> (Just a little confusing tidbit)
> What was my point again? Oh yes.. The site is
Japanese and you can
> use babelfish to at least tranlate it to where you
have a good

http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~maakun/Duodiary/DiaryDuo.html