[DuoList] Proposal for a duo site

Art Rice artrice66 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 09:26:39 PST 2004

I was lucky to find a small Apple monitor that plugged
right into the DuoDock, sits on top of it, and has the
correct resolution to properly display the video.
Regarding using old monitors, I figure if it works,
just use it because they are usually quite reliable.
My experience has been that if something goes wrong,
its not the filament in the CRT, but some other
component. I have a 20 year old TV that still has a
great picture, but the volume control is in bad shape!

When I first got the DuoDock, I tried plugging in an
NEC Multisync from an old IBM PC, using a DB25 to HD15
adapter, but the video would not display. I questioned
the list and someone mentioned a Mac adapter that
allows you to make selections with small switches so
your monitor works.

The old DuoList had a way to look through the
archives. Last year there was a lot more activity and
many discussions took place that might help you out.
Can anyone tell Alex how to access the archives on
this new listserver?

Art in Silicon Valley
--- Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail
<izabella.misiewiczsantos at neostrada.pl> wrote:

> Dear List members,
>
> I recently purchased a duodock 1 not the plus nor
> the 2 just the first
> one.
> Even the right monitor can be a risky purchase,
> which brings to mind
> the question of an adapter or suitable cable, you
> know db15, dsub15,
> lingo I have yet to master. It's always nice to
> attach a new monitor
> instead of relying on older tubes which likely have
> a limited future
> life span. > Wouldn't it be great to find a site
devoted to all