[DuoList] Removing annoying shareware notice from defunct company's shareware I'm using? Possible to do?

Sid Barras sbarris at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 18 09:06:09 PST 2004

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to remove the shareware "hassleware" notice for a
defunct bit of shareware I'm using?

It is Kaleidoscope, and as far as I've been able to determine, there is no
one continuing to support or collect fees for this shareware. Of course I'm
still using OS 9, here on my pb 2400c (souped up with USB, Interware's 320mb
G3, and 112mb RAM, 30gb high speed hard drive)

So I'd like to get the "Please pay for this shareware" notice off my startup
screen.

Could this be accomplished by Resedit?