[DuoList] Cardbus enabling

Morris Rieger hugeu2fan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 13:00:30 PST 2004

I was browsing mac2400 earlier and noticed they requested anyone who
successfully enabled Cardbus without using MCE to tell the list of
their success.  Perhaps that request is a little dated, but I figured
I'd inform everyone that I did, and it went without flaw.

I had the resistor type of motherboard (not the jumper wires), so I
had to yank the suckers off.  Just an FYI for you statistics buffs: my
2400c was manufactured in the 35th week of 1997, if that helps you
determine when they switched to the yellow wires.  I did the entire
procedure with my trusty Swiss Army knife [not recommended, by the way
;) ] and it took about 15 minutes from start to finish.  I could've
done it faster, but I pretty much triple-checked every step.

If anyone has any questions and feels like doing it without the cost
of MCE, just ask away.  After all, for slightly more than the upgrade
cost, you can buy an entirely new machine.  I've seen many people
discuss how intimidating it could be, but I'd have to disagree.
Granted, if you're a novice it very well could be...

Morris