[DuoList] The worst modem ever in history. EVER.

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Sun Nov 28 14:04:03 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/28/2004 2:47:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
macdaniel3400c at palkasoft.com writes:

> Requiring the computer to handle tasks
>  that the modem should take care of was a bad idea.

Interestingly, almost all internal modems in WinTel/Mac/Linux machines today
are this way.  Of course, as you noted, there's a lot more horsepower under
the hood today compared to then!  Most internal modems are "software
implemented" today.

I should have a GV 19K modem for a Duo kicking around here somewhere...if I
can find it, I'll post it to the list.  Not sure if it is still supported,
tho....19.2K was an interim step in the datacomm field, if I remember correctly.

Cheers!
Andrew