[DuoList] The worst modem ever in history. EVER.

Samual Acorn sam_acorn at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 21:58:22 PST 2004

something interesting; i have an AT&T Paradyne 14.4K
external modem that has a (dedicated) 68020
(i think at 12Mhz/FPU) CPU -- scary to think when the
duo has a 68040/33Mhz [NO FPU!] (the 280c i have does
anyway) for not only modem function but for general
purpose (ie the whole computer) use... kinda defeats
the purpose of having a built in modem at all....

btw, does anyone know what the number of the torx bit
is that is required to get into these things? (the
power connector went bad) or is it time to get the
dremel out? (i'd give it to someone on this list...
but i want the harddrive out first... since this
little annoyance has been nothing but an annoyance and
there is basically nill as far as freeware goes
in the mac world... [i dont think mac programmers have
heard of the concept])