[DuoList] Building a duo system

Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail izabella.misiewiczsantos at neostrada.pl
Tue Oct 5 12:38:59 PDT 2004

Hi i am slowly building up my Duo system here from Poland.

The costs are rather high here for building the system as most
components are off shore and delivery is unfortunately high.

I have a question and hopefully the search will end here locally for an
ethernet card for the duodock I. The duo will be used by my wife for
her university papers, she certainly feels comfortable with the emac at
home but I couldn't resist the uniqueness of the duo system so I am
building it, so far I have a duo 230 which is adequate and a duodock
station I. I would certainly like to adapt it in a simple network the
the emac and the HP2100N laserjet.

If printing to the printer is problematic then I hope a PDF solution is
available for the duo's chooser. My wife will print PDF and send them
to a designated emac folder.

To perform a PDF printing solution of just text what would be the
minimal OS required. Any clues?

Most importantly would be getting the right Ethernet card. Any
suggestions and/or leads would be greatly appreciated. My only
requirement is that it work within my needs. If the card should require
software please indicate the compatibility issue in relation to the OS
version.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Alex Santos