[DuoList] Appletalk? Install?

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Wed Oct 13 12:02:21 PDT 2004

At 3:39 PM +0300 10/13/04, Nathan Templeton wrote:
>    Duo users,
>
>       Okay, I'm in a pickle here.. Since my minidoc has gone to the
>great beyond, I still need to install 8.1 on one of my extra 280c's
>for a client.. Is there anyway to do this via an appletalk cable? I
>know.. I know.. it will be painfully slow if even possible.. The
>install would  happen from my G3/300/10.2/9.2.1.. Any explanations,
>answers, etc would be appreciated..

You need something to boot from.  If you can't find a dock to do it ,
the only other thing I can think of is to move the HD into another
machine and do the install there.  If you do, make sure you do a full
install (for all machines) otherwise it won't include everything you
need.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA