[DuoList] ethernet on 2400c

Dijkwel at aol.com Dijkwel at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 05:17:48 PDT 2004

My stock 2400c (though cardbus-enabled: USB) is giving me a hard time trying to get an ethernet connection going. I have done fresh installs of OS 9.1 both in the absence and presence of the US Robotics Megahertz ethernet modem. However, in neither case does ethernet appear as an option in the TCP/IP control panel so there is little for me to work with. Any tips as to how to get ethernet as an option to connect to the web would be appreciated!

Peter

PS: eventually, I'd like to go wireless; a Dell Truemobile adapter seems to be working fine recognizing my airport base station. However, the 2400's ethernet connection remains the bottleneck.