[DuoList] Duo 230 lower half of screen failure

James kilfeder kilfeder at curlewfilms.com
Tue Sep 14 00:50:18 PDT 2004

Hi

I'm new to this list, but I've used duos for many years. I want to be
able to carry my laptop on the back of my bike, and leave it on my
library desk. If I use a ram disk it'll work for ages on battery
power with the screen dimmed. And it's still the lightest mac there
is.

BuT

My most recent duo 230, which I've had for a couple of years, has
developed exactly the same fault as the previous one. The bottom half
(only) of the (passive Matrix) screen has a series of vertical lines,
which interfere with being able to see material clearly.

This time, it occurred shortly after I had inadvertently allowed the
screen to get warmer from the sun than I should have.

Any suggestions? I'm not very technical. I'd love to know if there's
a simple repair, or if I need a new duo.

kilfeder