[DuoList] testing/Non-PPC word processor/spreadsheet

James kilfeder kilfeder at curlewfilms.com
Sat Sep 18 13:06:47 PDT 2004

>I think that Nisus Writer in its non-PPC version is excellent.
>Compact and does exactly what it says on the tin. You can get it
>from Gamba's homepage under tidbits I seem to remember. The OSX
>version with thesaurus is also fantastic and can save documents in a
>Word format that universally works.

Without wanting to start a row on a NG that I'm new to, I'm puzzled
by this praise for Nisus. I have it, I've tried it, but I've never
liked it. I can't see why someone who writes would prefer it to
WriteNow. I write for a living, and the fact that I'm using an
application that's over ten years old is very odd, but there we are.

So is the fact that a computer made over ten years ago also suits me very well.

Kilfeder