[DuoList] Duo 280 Compatibility

Jack Corcoran jkcorcor at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 11:38:31 PDT 2004

An old friend and Duo addict, temporarily in Germany
(would you believe the Oktoberfest?) wrote the
following and needs some help:

-------------
JKC

I had made a CD with a lot of info on it that I needed
during my stay here- I've done this before, and it
worked out OK- it's a good way to transport data.

However, I can't read the disk at all- CD-Toolkit says
the drive is there, and I can read other CD's, but not
the one I need.

I realized in the middle of the night that I had made
the CD in HFS Plus- and that the installed OS 8.1
reads only HFS.

Do you happen to know the first OS that would read HFS
Plus? And if the 280 will accept it?  It may be that
OS 8.5 will handle HFS +, I think it will.
Whether the 280 will accept 8.5, I don't know.

If you're still active with the Duo list afficianados
perhaps you can get an answer- I'd be most
appreciative.

Best

DB