[DuoList] Duo 2400 battery

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 24 19:24:37 PDT 2005

Brad, I've never heard of any software that provided battery
conditioning for the 2400s battery. What is a type one vs four?

On Apr 23, 2005, at 3:44 PM, B. Dowler wrote:

> Just picked up a 2400 to complement and up date my well used 280c.
> Time for
> a little more speed and hard drive space. The 2400 came with a type one
> battery that can be recognised by the battery reconditioner but when
> the
> confirmation to recondition is clicked, the machine crashes and shuts
> down.
> I have tried a functioning type four and the reconditioning process
> will
> start without crashing, however, the 2400 will only recognize it as a
> type
> one and the reconditioning only lasts about 45 minutes.  When I try the
> type one in my 280c, the reconditioning program fails and the program
> quits
> but the machine does not crash.  When I try to recondition the type
> four in
> the 280c, the machine claims that the reconditioning program will not
> work
> with this model of powerbook. There is a small switch on the side of
> the
> type one that has full battery and empty battery symbols if that is of
> any
> help in solving the problem.  Both machines are running OS 8.1. Both
> machines act the same way when either is in the dock or hooked up to
> the
> power adapter.  I realize that I may be dealing with a number of
> seperate
> problems here so any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brad
Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.